by op-ed blogger Quinton Charles
Valentine’s is here!
With Valentine’s Day upon us, we shift our attention to expressing our affections to the people we care about. You may even want to show yourself a bit of love. Why not accomplish both of these tasks with the help of some CBD. How in the world can I do that with CBD you ask?
With recipes, lets start with dinner: CBD-infused Penne Rosa
Normally, I like to focus on CBD in the form that it comes in, but (as much as we all love CBD!) I don’t think a lot of us would like to get a bottle of capsules or a tincture for Valentine’s Day. So, for this blog, I’m going to give you a couple recipes that are easy, yummy, and can include CBD to as well as a few fun gift ideas.
A romantic dinner or a nice meal is always a good way to start an evening on Valentine’s Day. How about adding some CBD to it?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons CBD tincture (Social CBD Unflavored/ or Lavender for a bit of a twist or similar tincture; ¾ teaspoon per serving) as desired
- In a large skillet with lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic softens – about 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms start to release their water – about 5 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cover skillet. Let spinach wilt for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the pasta sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetable sauce mix cools, use a small bowl to Social CBD Liquid into the Greek Yogurt. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt-CBD oil mix into the sauce, and then add the penne pasta. Toss until pasta and vegetables are coated.
- Divide into pasta bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Once you’ve finished this, you’ll probably want dessert. What is there to have?
Chocolate usually has a romantic connotation. I am sure many of you have even received a little heart with chocolates on the inside. There is even a chocolate named “Hershey kisses!” With this in mind, why not try a chocolate CBD cheesecake?
‘No Bake’ Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake:
- 20-25 Oreo cookies (pick your favorite flavor)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 triangles (40 milligrams) of your favorite CBD dark chocolate bar (like Therapeutic!)
- 1 ½ tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon powered sugar (optional, for decorating)
- 1 ½ cup raspberries (optional, for decorating)
Directions (bottom layer):
- Lightly grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- Put the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender and pulse until they are fine cookie crumbles.
- Melt the butter and add to food processor or blender, pulsing until the cookie crumbles resemble wet sand. Pour the Oreo mixture into your pan and press down firmly, forming an even layer. Refrigerate for an hour.
Directions (top layer):
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until it forms soft peaks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and infused dark chocolate for 20 seconds at a time. Stir until smooth. Add to your cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Pour the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the pan and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Decorating is up to you! You can add a layer of raspberries on top, dust each slice with powdered sugar, top with more melted chocolate, or all the above!
Dinner may sound great but you can also celebrate one another with a gift (or you can treat yourself),just in case dinner and chocolate cheesecake wasn’t enough!; why not make that gift hemp-related?
If it’s more chocolate that is being craved, we carry all sorts of flavors of Therapeutic’s chocolate, from just plain dark chocolate to peanut-butter filled! It’s one of my favorites to snack on, and it makes a great gift.
Maybe you’re stuffed from dinner and dessert (and rightfully so!). In that case, maybe a gift of a hat, scarf, or bracelet would be better? They are made from organic cotton and hemp (which is great for the environment). Not only are they comfy (I wear my hemp shirt all of the time), but the natural fibers are better for the planet and it looks good, too!
Not sure what to get, but know that your significant other likes CBD and hemp? We have the option of buying gift cards; you won’t have to stress about what hemp or CBD product is best for your significant other, and they will be able to get what they enjoy most. You both win!
Other Hemp Gift Ideas:
Have a happy Valentines Day
No matter what you decide to do on this Valentines Day, know that the team from Green Wellness is wishing you a happy one. Take some time to enjoy yourself, your significant other, and some hemp. If you already have CBD at home, try out one of the recipes above; if you’re curious about what all this CBD and hemp is, feel free to reach out to us on social media or to give us a call! We are always more than happy to answer questions and chat. Happy Valentine’s Day!