BY Op-ED Blogger Quinton Charles
There are so many CBD choices out there and choosing the right product can be so difficult. Believe me, we know. That is why we at Green Wellness Life have decided to highlight our different manufacturers and products monthly. So keep your eyes open for more product and brand highlights monthly!
Tell Me About The Company:
This week we are discussing one of our favorite Brands, Panacea. Panacea is a US-based company that sources all of their Hemp in the US. Their hemp is organically grown in Colorado and their commitment is to create cleaner, more pure products. They accomplish this feat through their specific extraction process. Unlike other manufacturers, this process does not break down and grind up the plant but instead maintains the whole integrity of the plant.
- Product Quality: Panacea Life Sciences “was created with patients’ health and well being as our priority. Our mission is to bring together the best minds in business, science, medicine, research, finance, and agriculture to create a global platform for the reintroduction of Hemp-based therapeutics into the mainstream of healthcare.” From what I found by looking into them, they make good on this claim by focusing on data-driven product development without compromising on safety or quality.
- Who’s In Charge? Panacea’s commitment to consumer safety and product quality starts at the top with a man named James Baumgartner, Ph.D. With a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Davis (go Aggies!) and a Doctorate in biochemistry and pharmacology from Washington State University, I can think of fewer people more credentialed to lead a company that focuses on developing effective, safe products from CBD.
- Test Results: Panacea has independent testing for all of their products and batches and they are available online for all of their customers. Transparency is important to them in maintaining high standards.
- Price: Panacea products tend to have more full spectrum cannabinoids than average products which, makes it seem like they may be more expensive. This is not necessarily the case – you are just getting more milligrams. If you compare pricing on a milligram to milligram basis, it is a great price point for a truly quality product. They may, however, not the best choice if you’re looking for a CBD isolate or $$ is your bottom line.
Panacea Products We Carry:
I’ve made a big hoopla about Panacea’s commitment to safe and natural ingredients and quality production, but what do they actually offer the consumer? They have many variations including:
- Panacea Daily: 40 mg and 75 mg soft-gels
- Panacea Daily Fast Tabs: These are a dissolvable lozenge intended to be taken, as needed, as a CBD booster. They do not last as long in your body but they get to work quicker.
- Panacea PM Soft Gels 40 mg: Full spectrum CBD & 5 MG of Melatonin: Designed for sleepless nights.
- Panacea Transform Natural CBD Face Creme; 350 mg/50 ml jar. Cbd can be great for skin…we love this product.
- Panacea Soothe CBD Salve: 125mg/.5 oz & 250 mg/1oz: To help soother soothe sore skin muscles and other skin issues. Will last 2 to 4 hours and is only tissue deep.
- Panacea Canine Restore: 50 mg/.5 oz Helps with itchy skin, hot spots and sores on our family dog.
My Panacea Experience:
In preparation for this Blog, I was able to sample several Panacea products over the past few weeks, and I can say that I was impressed with everything I tried. I have written about a few of them.
Panacea: Topical and Skin Care
The Transform Natural skin cream, with about 350mg of CBD in a single jar, started my day. I would shower, shave, and then apply the cream. Now, it needs to be understood that I am not the type of person to lather all sorts of products onto my face. As my skin is naturally very oily, I am often put off by products that have high oil content, which leads me to usually forego their use entirely. In addition to this, I don’t love the feel of most creams or moisturizers; they leave a thin film on the skin, which I feel and immediately want to wipe off. Panacea’s Transform Natural did not have any of these qualities. I was shocked! I had found a face cream that I could use that did not have too much oil, did not leave a filmy residue, and also had a pleasing scent. The jar itself had a unique dispensing mechanism that ensured that I did not use too much or waste any in the application. I simply had to press down on the dispenser and it would supply as much as I needed.
Fast CBD Tablets
Another product of Panacea’s that I was able to sample was their 35mg hemp oil fast CBD extract tablets. These claim a higher bioavailability than a regular capsule and therefore will get to work faster in your system. The flip side to this is that they also leave your system quicker. Not lasting as long 23 to 4 hours. Panacea claims that this type of tablet ensures that more of the active ingredient enters your bloodstream than other forms, such as pills or patches. The way that it works is one takes the tablet sublingually (placed under the tongue,) and waits for it to fully dissolve before swallowing. I found that this was relatively simple, though it took some time for the tablet to fully dissolve. Something unique that I did notice about Panacea’s tablets was that they left a little aftertaste and the typical texture left over from dissolved tablets (a sort of sandy or grainy feeling) was absent. Overall it was a very clean, easy way to take my CBD in the morning but I can also see how someone may use these as needed for an extra boost of CBD on a bad day.
Is It A Panacea?
Seeing that I am 22 years old and I have no serious ailments, I am not a medical doctor, I have no idea the efficacy of Panacea’s products to treat anything. What I do know is that they offered two fantastic ways for me to take my CBD and that both of these were well-designed, clean, and satisfying. They have a great reputation and all of their independent test results I look forward to trying more of their products in the future!