The majority of Americans aren’t currently in the best place. Typically in nations free of war, famine, and major outbreaks, life expectancy increases linearly. However, this is not the case in the United States. Death rates from drug overdoses, suicide, liver disease and dozens of other causes among young and middle-aged adults have steadily risen. For three consecutive years in a row, overall life expectancy in the United States has decreased. Millenials are projected to live shorter lives than Gen Xers with many millenials seeing their physical and mental health decline at a more rapid rate than Gen X. We believe it’s time to take back our futures to live the best lives we possibly can.
At Green Wellness Life, our company was founded on the premise of living better, more fulfilling, and happier lives. We wanted to spend our time helping others deal with pain, anxiety, stress, and more. Living a better life isn’t something that happens overnight. It takes serious reflection and commitment over a period of time to change lifestyles. That is precisely why we want to inspire students to begin thinking about what their best possible life would look like now. If you create goals early and align your life to those goals early on, you can ensure you’ll get the most out of life.
Your Best Life Scholarship Overview
The Your Best Life Scholarship is a $1,000 annual scholarship designed to get students to think beyond career and salary aspirations and look at their lives with a wider lens. We’re asking students to imagine what they want their lives to look like 20, 40, and 60 years down the road. Do you want to maintain an active lifestyle? Do you want to do a lot of traveling? In your opinion, what would the best possible life look like to you? Students should submit a piece that captures what their best life would look like. Submissions can be in the form of:
- A poem
- A photo
- A video
- An animation
- A graphic
- An essay
Submissions are not limited to the aforementioned mediums. Students can submit a piece in some other form of multimedia format as well.
Eligibility & Requirements
The scholarship is open to all US citizens entering or attending an accredited university or college in the United States as a full-time student. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above. In addition to submitting a piece on life aspirations, students must also submit a completed scholarship application form. The following materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A media piece (essay, poem, graphic photo, video, animation, etc.) detailing what the best version of your life would look like to you
- A certified copy of the student’s transcript
- An acceptance letter from an accredited college or university (if the student is an incoming freshman)
- The recipient of the Your Best Life Scholarship will receive $1,000 to be used only for university or college tuition and related educational expenses.
- The $1,000 check will be made payable to the recipient’s school.
- The application period for the scholarship ends August 31st. The award recipient will be notified of selection by September 30th.
- By accepting the scholarship, the student agrees to allow Green Wellness Life the right to use the submission content, the student’s name, the student’s university or college and/or pictures of any of the above on the company’s website and other marketing materials.
Don’t forget, all completed scholarship materials must be emailed to email@example.com by August 31st. Any submissions emailed after August 31st will not be considered for selection.